Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Harding Ice fields

The Harding Icefields is one of my favorite hikes in Alaska. Ash and I hitchiked to the trailhead one day in early June.


Exit Glacier

A good majority of this hike was covered in snow. Ash prefers it this way.


These are the ice fields. Still covered in snow this time of year.



The two of us. Chipper as ever.


Pretty awesome views all around.


I did this hike last year and carved my initials in the cabin. Very exciting.

I would like to title this photo "on top of the world"


Ashley in a stance of triumph with the icefields behind



one of our failed attempts to take a timed photo.


Sharp rocks... not for me.

Anyways we had a good time skiing our way down the snowy slopes. I lost my jacket (it was later returned to me by miracle). But it was a pretty awesome time.










No comments:

Post a Comment